Daily Detox Week With Green Superfood Smoothies
Not just for breakfast – for any time of the day!
Some of your remember that initially, when I first started making the superfood smoothies, there was either a berry smoothie or a Green Superfood Smoothie on any particular day. At the time more people preferred berry smoothies and so it was from then onwards that we unfortunately “forgot” about how truly amazing Green Superfood Smoothies are!
This week is a much-needed Detox Week! You’ll see Green Superfood Smoothies instead of berry-only smoothies. I hope you enjoy this change for 1 week and please let me know what you think of it…
It is very important to have these incredible health-giving greens and I would love to see how you like these. If there’s enough interest in daily Green Superfood Smoothies, I can offer them as a special afternoon/anytime smoothie which will be offered in addition to the morning berry smoothies.
An Innovation You’ll Love – Making All the Superfood Smoothies Even Healthier!
To preserve all the goodness of the smoothies and to maximize their nutritional content, I’m introducing a wonderful new “twist” to your smoothies which I know you will love! From now on the smoothie will be delivered to you AS FRESH AS IT WAS JUST MADE.
How will I do this? I have purchased all the needed professional vacuum-sealing equipment and special glass jars from the US and UK and now each time you receive the smoothie from me, it will be vacuum-sealed! This pumps out all the air out of the jar and thus prevents oxidation, keeps the smoothie fresher much longer and maximizes its nutrient content (especially phytonutrients).
Therefore, the smoothie you will drink will now be as fresh as it was JUST made even if you drink it in the evening (or even the next day)! I’m happy to bring this additional benefit to you. These special jars are only available from abroad and were very expensive to ship to India so I hope you understand that I have no choice but to charge Rs. 560 for each of the jars which are not returned back. Thank you for your cooperation, in advance. As you know, I avoid using plastic and prefer glass and stainless steel (i.e. reusable containers). I’ve also placed an order for excellent 2-tier stainless steel containers for lunches.
To easily open the vacuum-sealed jar:
1) Unscrew the outer rim first
2) Wedge a (preferably) square end of a fork or spoon between the protruding edge of the sealed lid and the nearby glass thread
3) Turn the fork tip from the horizontal to vertical position to open the lid (see photo). It takes 1-2 seconds to open these, but it might take you a few attempts initially to get the hang of it.
4) You will hear the fresh-jar-opening sound as the air comes into the vacuum-sealed jar.
BROCCOLI SPROUT AND GREEN SUPERFOOD DAILY DETOX™
Bursting with green goodness!
Contains: Broccoli sprouts, a mix of various superfoods, fresh spinach, banana and coconut water
As usual, we never add any ingredients to our smoothies which are common these days such as sugar, ice cream, salt, saturated fats, high-calorie-but-no-nutrient ingredients, preservatives, additives, artificial colors, artificial flavors or anything else which can rob you of vibrant health and energy, reduce your immunity, lifespan and quality of life and frequently begin or speed up the onset of various diseases. My smoothies contain only great-for-you ingredients and green superfoods. They’re made with organic and highest quality ingredients and are loaded with not only macro nutrients but also chock-full of phytonutrients which are almost impossible for most people to get at home!
This smoothie contains these ingredients:
- Broccoli sprouts: Broccoli sprouts are much richer in some nutrients than broccoli itself. It’s a powerful antioxidant and a great detox ingredient. There’s a compound in broccoli sprouts which inhibits cancer stem cells, a new area of study in cancer research. Broccoli sprouts also have benefits on healthy digestion, combating inflammation throughout the body and helps to support “good” hormones while working against destructive ones. It also helps to maintain a healthier cardiovascular system and combats high blood pressure and supports healthier cholesterol levels. Broccoli sprouts also help combat allergies and asthma. A glass of broccoli sprout juice is one of the healthiest things your body can have. Women (and men) who eat at least 1 cup a day of cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, broccoli sprouts, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, mustard greens, cabbage, and kale (or their juice) are more likely to live longer and less likely to have their cancer come back. By about five years after their cancer diagnosis, the top 20% of those who ate an average of 1 cup (150 grams) of cruciferous veggies a day were 42% less likely to have died from breast cancer and 58% less likely to die from any cause compared to those in the bottom 20%. Cruciferous vegetables contain high amounts of compounds called glucosinolates. When eaten, they convert to other compounds called isothiocyanates and indoles that have been shown to have many anti-cancer properties against a wide range of cancers such as breast cancer, prostate cancer and bladder, ovaries, liver, colon and lung cancers.
- Superfood Blend: My organic (no pesticides!) & chemical-free mixture of the healthiest superfoods in the world: most powerful greens, grasses, seaweeds, berries, etc. in a synergistic blend. Its very high ORAC score means that its ability to fight the excess free radicals, which age your body, is at its peak. Fighting excess free radicals is important as they can cause premature aging, heart disease inflammation and DNA damage which can lead to cell mutations. Substances which help to prevent cell mutations are called antimutagenic and it means they help to prevent cells from mutating into cancer cells and thus prevent cancer. This blend is naturally bursting with many antioxidant types such as polyphenols, polysaccharides, bioflavonoids, flavons and is loaded with vitamins, minerals, enzymes, amino acids, etc. Regular consumption of high-antioxidant foods can offer significant protection against heart disease by helping with the flexibility of arteries (improvement in arterial elasticity index). Furthermore, antioxidants can help to increase the “good” HDL cholesterol which acts like a “garbage truck” and scavenges for excess cholesterol in the body by bringing it back to your liver (which makes cholesterol). On the other hand the “bad” LDL cholesterol tries to fight that by bringing excess cholesterol away from the liver depositing it in the arteries leading to artery blockages, called “plaque”, which causes heart attacks by narrowing the arteries restricting blood flow. The blend offers maximum nutrition, a great immune system boost, optimal in its health-giving value, high in low-fat protein & wonderful anti-aging properties. The mix includes organic and chemical-and-contaminant-free ingredients such as Thin-Wall Chlorella, Spirulina, Alfalfa Leaf, Amla, world-famous Acai and Goji berries, Noni fruit, Pomegranate, Maca Root, Sea Buckthorn, and other great ingredients. It also contains Ashwagandha which is known to help fight stress, fatigue and boost immunity.
- Spinach: Spinach is rich in antioxidants, vitamin A, B2, B9 (folic acid), C, E, protein and bone-friendly and heart-healthy vitamin K. It also has calcium, iron, magnesium manganese, potassium, copper, phosphorus, zinc, selenium and other nutrients. Contrary to popular belief, greens including spinach have plenty of protein. On a per-calorie basis 30% of spinach is protein which is only slightly lower than beef (37%). Even fruit have protein – on the average about 6% of the calories! Spinach also has almost twice as much potassium, per serving, as bananas. Potassium to sodium ratios in our bodies is one of the keys to cutting our risk of death from heart disease by 50%.
- Young Coconut Water: One of the best sources in the world of the ultra-important mineral potassium and people generally consume about ½ of their daily recommended dose of 4 grams a day. Potassium and sodium must be balanced in the body as sodium is active outside each of our cells and potassium is active inside each cell. Those people with the highest dietary ratios of sodium to potassium have the greatest probability of dying of heart disease. In a large-scale US study involving 12,000 adults spanning 15 years it was clearly shown that death from any cause was significantly higher for those adults with higher sodium consumption and yet it was the lowest mortality, from any cause, for those adults with the higher potassium intake. So if the ratio of consumption of potassium to sodium is more than 1 (meaning more potassium than sodium), you’re expected to live a healthier, longer life & have significantly lower chances of having heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure & other illnesses. Processed food is one of the culprits of higher sodium intake. During the processing, foods tend to become much richer in sodium and much poorer in potassium. One solution is to consume less salt-containing and more potassium-rich foods. Coconut water, for example, has much more potassium than bananas! It’s also rich in vitamin C, B-vitamins and many minerals and is also very hydrating because of its high electrolyte content.
- Banana – Bananas are loaded with potassium which is so beneficial to our health. Studies clearly show that if you get twice as much potassium as sodium, you decrease the risk of dying of heart disease by 50%. Bananas are a great way to cut sugar cravings for unhealthy and fattening deserts.